Domaine Gallety New Releases
You could think the Gallety domaine originates from a Hollywood movie, with its picturesque facades and views overlooking rolling vineyards that date back to the 1930s. But, not only great care has been taken on the outside; from careful grape selection and hand-harvesting to gravity-fed workflows and gentle handling of the wines during and post fermentation, Domaine Gallety produces wines with great finesse.
From the first vintage in 1978, Alain has set the foundations for a promising future; certified organic and biodynamic, the 15 hectare property presents a terroir that is based on clay and limestone. It is considered as the best winery in the Côtes du Vivarais. The appellation of Côtes du Vivarais runs down the western flank of the Rhône in the Ardèche. The region is bucolic, warm and rugged, producing delicious, hearty and savoury wines.
2017 Vallée du Rhône Blanc
- 50% Grenache Blanc, 30% Marsanne, 20% Roussanne
- Vines with an average age of 40 years. Yields of 40hl / ha.
- Manual harvest, vinification and aging in vats.
- Very expressive wine, displaying succulent fruit on nose and palate. A rich texture combined with natural acidity gives it great length. Drinks as an aperitif, but goes very well with fish dishes, seafood, and also on an old-fashioned veal stew!
2016 Vallée du Rhône Rouge
- Syrah 50%, Grenache 50%.
- Vines from 40 to 45 years old. Yields of 25hl / ha.
- Manual harvesting, maceration of 21 days in vats, then aging in oak barrels for 14 to 15 months.
- A racy wine, with great drinkability, displaying generous aromatics of black fruits. Age for up to 10 years
2016 Cuvée Emma
- Parcel selection, blend of 60% Grenache, 40% Syrah.
- Traditional vinification in concrete vats, aging for 18-24 months in oak barrels.
- Finesse and complexity mingle and offer aromatics of black fruits and spices with great length. A wine that knows how to provide a lot of pleasure in its early youth, with an aging potential for up to fifteen years
2014 Syrare Rouge
- Old vines
- This selection of the finest Syrah grapes is the result of rigorous work in vineyard and winery. Yields from 12 to 15 hl / ha. Maceration of 45 days and aging in new oak barrels for 2 years. This wine is bottled without fining or filtration.